Sunday, April 23, 2006

Relaxing

“HEY! You didn’t finish my room!” Daughter yelled as I was stirring the chicken soup. The made-from-scratch chicken soup. In all fairness I didn’t finish her room, nor did I finish the patio or the weeding through of a mountain of too small clothes. Her room, however, is the closest to finished.

Eldest tests were this Thursday. The days before, the day of, were filled with stress for me. Informative websites are simply to informative for the active mind, er imagination. Thankfully his tests were all clear. There are some biopsies outstanding, but he looks good. Which is great! What is not great is that he is still in pain. It hurts my heart to see him in pain day after day every day.

I finally sunk all my frustrations into the above mentioned projects and had myself a whirlwind three days. The patio has been tiled a quarter of the way, two big bags of clothes are ready for Goodwill and in my car and daughters room is painted, bordered, organized and cleaned. I’ve even got her quilt all sewn together in a celebration of matching colors and Dora the Explorer panels, it’s just not actually quilted yet. But I’m close.

Unfortunately early this afternoon, my muscles started charlie-horsing. Just the right side of my body, but the whole right side of my body. Arm, leg, back. The whole shebang. So I told daughter I was relaxing. She nodded solemnly, a very believable nod, and then ran off. Two minutes later she was back clutching her “You are my sunshine” singing sunflower pot thing she got from Oma. Recently rediscovered during the whole mad room makeover. She pushed the “ON” button.

“There. Now you can relax.”

No comments: