Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ticks and Spiders Oh My!

272 magnify
Per my sisters request, a double blog this evening. Not that she requested a double blog, just a picture of my policedog. Tada... my police dog, with eldest.

Danny is an amazingly well-behaved shepherd. Not that I expected any less of a retired policedog, technically a retired drug dog. We told the boys that we got him to keep them out of trouble and screen their friends. We were just joking, but really, in afterthought, what a great idea! We have been blessed with wonderful kids, but, well, stuff happens. And we are prepared.

While Danny himself is a joy, the taking care part is a little tougher. Our big, new-to-us house has a decrepit dog run hidden in the back 40 (back 40 yards). Eldest and I went to dig it out, never finishing because the ticks came swarming out in droves. I was kind enough to brush all of them off of him, but he missed one off of me. I now have a beautiful Sharpie tattoo drawn under my right boob, just in case it turns into a bullseye.

My Sharpie tattoo matches daughters. Walking Danny last night a spider ran into her sandal and bit her foot. Eldest tracked the spider while Squareboy ran in and got me and the dad. I got daughter and treated the bite, the dad got the spider. The spider is currently squished and living in an envelope tucked under my monitor. It says "Spider Bite Daughter, 2 Apr 06 @ 2000 hrs" and "Spider inside". Just in case, you know.

No comments: