Saturday, April 29, 2006

Family Dinners

333 magnify


We just aren’t normal. Tonight squareboy was mad at me, and after he’d eaten his tummy full with a meal I cooked, he shot me mad looks from across the table. When that didn’t seem to faze me he started doing a mad, grunting thing. It still didn’t faze me, but it caught the dad’s attention. That’s just not proper table behavior. He dealt with it by imitating squareboy’s antics.










Last night, or was it the night before? One blends into the other, daughter had a fit because I cooked spaghetti with, gasp, mushrooms. Some screaming accompanied this fit, that’s also not proper table behavior and that also caught the dad’s attention. He dealt it with by repeatedly, and I do mean through the whole dinner scenario, placing innocent mushrooms on her plate to be screamed at. Luckily I sit on daughters other side and I got to eat all of the traumatized mushrooms. I like mushrooms.


After dinner is fairly entertaining as well. This is usually daughters cue to change. One cannot, you see, wear the same outfit for after dinner entertainment as one can for the meal itself. Sometimes this means just a new outfit, sometimes it means a dress-up princess dress, and sometimes, well, sometimes words just aren’t adequate.


No comments: