Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Outdoor Kitties

Our kitties are now outdoor kitties. While missing the litter box with a ratio of 2:1 played a factor, it was primarily Squareboys allergies that sealed the deal. Part of me feels immensely guilty. Poor kitties having to be outside after being pampered indoor pets. I also feel guilty because I knew squareboy had allergies. Not that I specifically knew he was allergic to cats, but I should’ve, could’ve guessed.

It still wouldn’t have been that bad, being as they’re short-haired kitties, but my lovely weenie boy insisted on sleeping with Alarm Cat on his chest. Didn’t matter where I hid the cat before bed time, by morning sleepwalker boy would’ve found him, or vice versa, and Alarm Cat would be happily purring on his chest while snot galore ran out of squareboys nose.

Of course I’m secretly pleased to have outdoor kitties. Very secretly, shhhhhh! I now have certified snake terrorizers keeping my toes snake free as I garden. And, frankly, both kitties seem pretty happy with more room to roam. We have a garage that while not a carport, it has all the walls needed to be a garage, it’s not quite a garage because the big doors are missing. That sort-of garage makes great shelter for them, plus, with Danny making regular patrols none of the native wildlife bothers them. See? I can justify anything.

No comments: