Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Teacher is crazy. We arrived bright & early for the much anticipated St. Paddy’s at school. Teacher did not disappoint. Bright green glitter, yes glitter, was EVERYWHERE. All over tables, chairs and carpet. The excitement this causes 4-year-old boys and girls is quite headache-causing. Unfortunately I couldn’t help but sit down and play w/their clay myself. I soon found myself the Queen of Shamrocks as I made shamrock after shamrock for each clamoring child. Except for Aidan. Aidan wanted a four-leaf clover.

Alarm Cat is crazy. Eldest lay down at the foot of our bed again last night. Now I not only have to sleep train daughter, I have to sleep train the 15-year-old. Again. He tried, twice, to get Alarm Cat to cuddle up with him each time Alarm Cat went tearing out of the room like a bat out of hell. An earthbound bat out of hell, but a batt out of hell nonetheless. I can’t adequately describe the mad scrambling over the floors that cat does but if you picture it like a cartoon character who’s desperately trying to run but staying in place, you wouldn’t be far off. The third time Alarm Cat cozied up to eldest by choice. Then the dad walked in. Alarm Cat couldn’t get out of there fast enough. In the process almost knocking the dad off his feet, and Alarm Cat is small. Still a kitten really. If eldest and I hadn’t been laying down we would’ve fallen over laughing.

This morning was crazy. I worked late last night, a twelve-hour shift kind of late, and didn’t lay out the St. Paddy’s day clothes. Then I was tired and hit snooze three times while Alarm Cat gave up. Let’s just say each kid had issues with finding green clothing so they wouldn’t get pinched. Poor Aidan in daughter’s classroom had no green clothing. Teacher and I both watched in horror as the 11 remaining four-year-olds started to get up to pinch the poor boy. She may be crazy but she’s smart. She quickly stuck a shamrock sticker on his cheek and called him safe.

No comments: