Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tongue-Ups

02022008

It's widely known that my tongue is so flexible (the only part of me that has fulfilled my wish to be elastigirl) that I can, if I wanted, stick it up my nose. Little kids are frequently entertained either by having me repeatedly demonstrate, or trying it themselves. Even my own kids are fascinated by this talent of mine.

Therefore it came as no surprise today when Squareboy asked me to show off my trick. We were once again in the car, ferrying between school and home. I complied. He watched with rapt attention. Then tried it himself. Again and again. He got very close and I complimented him on his skill. He beamed with pride and kept trying. Finally he asked why he couldn't do it, if he really was my son and all. I explained I'd really stretched out my tongue, because a tongue is all muscle, as I was getting my top teeth. He sighed in defeat. His top teeth are already in.

Next thing I know he's sitting next to me freakishly moving his tongue up and down, up and down. I asked him what he was doing.

"Tongue-ups." He said seriously, "I'm stretching out my tongue"

No comments: