Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have gum!

shamelessly showing off 1) my LO and 2) my kit

Has everyone here seen Rat Race? Yes? No? Yes would definitely be better for the rest of this post but, regardless, I'm gonna keep babbling. In Rat Race people are in a race including Rowan Atkinson (of Mr. Bean fame, but not Mr. Bean here). His character has a silly, italian-y accent, again like Mr. Bean but not Mr. Bean. And at one point he's winning the race... and gleefully runs from the crowd squealing:

"I'm weeening! I'm weeeeening!" before falling asleep, while running, because the poor guy is narcoleptic (which has nothing to do with this story but cracks me up).

Trout, today, has a piece of gum. Courtesy of Daughter. Trout, being 1 1/2 should not have gum. I can imagine all the things, all the places, that could happen to that gum. But he ran up to me, opens his mouth wide, very wide, and so proudly showed me that gum... well... he still has the gum.

I said, because I'm very bright & articulate:

"Do you have gum?" And Trout answered:

"I have gum!" (sounds a little more like "Ah ha guh!") and then proceed to run through the house yelling; "I have gum! I have gum! I have gum!" Very much like not-Mr. Bean in Rat Race when he's winning.

No comments: